INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. -- Myths and Mountains does not give travelers a “one size fits all” experience; the company founders use their years of expertise and exclusive contacts to create new itineraries that provide unique opportunities not found anywhere else. In 2015, adventure seekers can become philanthropists on the new Laos with a Heart tour, a 15-day journey affording guests a chance to interact with local people and give back to deserving communities. Travelers will get to tour jungles, rivers and many other notable areas, but they will also participate in the following activities – remember that any itinerary can be altered to accommodate travelers’ wishes:
- Participate in the Gibbon Experience, an ecotourism project helping fund forest protection and community projects
- Visit the Traditional Arts and Ethnology Center, an organization preserving and interpreting the traditional arts and lifestyles of the country’s diverse ethnic groups
- Visit Elephant Village, a sanctuary geared at protecting and rehabilitating elephants
- Have a party with Brother Mouse, an organization publishing high quality books and getting them to rural readers who have often never seen books before
- Learn how to clear ordinance in the Plain of Jars from UXO Laos, an operator working to clear unexploded bombs for agriculture, community purposes, hospitals, and other development activities
- Stop at COPE in Vientiane, a provider of prosthetic, orthotic and rehabilitation services in Laos
The next 2015 departure date for Laos with a Heart is November 8, 2015, but custom dates and prices are available. For more information on this tour and other Myths and Mountains tours, please visit www.mythsandmountains.com.