ARTISANAL ITALY ANNOUNCES TOURS TO TUSCANY FALL 2016
Two distinct itineraries,
1) The Tuscan Adventure (for all travelers)
2) A Tuscan Sojourn (exclusively for women)
Lake Oswego OR -- Artisanal Italy, a boutique travel company offering immersive, 4-star trips to Italy announces its Fall 2016 itineraries to Tuscany. Liane Cabot, founder of Artisanal Italy will be leading these 10-day trips in September and October 2016.
Partnering with veteran ground operators and a network of local artisans, Ms. Cabot has crafted unique experiences that take her guests beyond the tourist route. Daily activities with local experts ensure participation and learning in the fields of art, craft, food and wine. Her passion for the Italian culture and friendships with chefs, wine makers, farmers, cheese producers, truffle hunters and artisans is the foundation of the itineraries.
“I have traveled to Italy for over 20 years. I’m excited to bring my guests to the Italy I love and respect. We take pride in our support of the local artisan community and their businesses,” said Cabot. Both tours begin in the beautiful Renaissance city of Florence and then travel south into the Tuscan region, visiting iconic cities including Siena, Cortona, Pienza, Montalcino and Montepulciano.
“The Tuscan Adventure is a perfect blend of group activities and time as a couple. It appeals to the sensibilities of both men and women allowing for exploration and learning together.
The Tuscan Sojourn was created to meet a need I was seeing in our market.
I’ve had many women tell me they wanted to travel abroad with female friends and family members, but felt daunted at the thought of doing this on their own. So I designed a tour that focuses on women and connects them to the food, art, wine, and craft that are created by women in Italy. Women empowering women if you will.”
“Our tailored trips are designed with the curious traveler in mind. A rich tapestry of authentic experiences that take us into the lives and homes of our Italian friends. You will share in the best of the food and wine and be pampered in our boutique accommodations. Our days will be full, while allowing for free time and enjoying the beautiful towns and countryside of Tuscany. These unhurried, small group experiences will inspire sharing, participation, learning and laughter,” said Ms. Cabot.
- A Tuscan Adventure (for all travelers)
- Delve into the art, history and cultural significance of the Renaissance with our art historian in Florence
- Hunt for truffles and learn about this tradition before enjoying lunch in the town of San Minaito
- Learn the craft of butchering from the charismatic Dario Cecchini
- Stay in a 14th century wine and olive oil estate in Chianti
- Enjoy exclusive wine tastings and hosted cellar tastings in Montalcino, Montepulciano and Chianti.
- Reside in the ancient village of Bagno Vignoni in the heart of the Val D’Orcia famous for its thermal hot springs.
- Take a hands on lesson in traditional Tuscan food making, cheese production and wine making
- Visit the workshops and learn about the work of leather, ironwork and ceramic artisans.
- A Tuscan Sojourn (for women)
- Meet the Florentine women working to restore Renaissance art by “the Invisible women” artists and see these works as part of the Uffizi tour
- Stay in a country home that is exclusively ours for 6 nights in the charming town of Buonoconvento.
- Visit the iconic wineries in Montalcino, Chianti and Montepulciano regions, owned and operated by women. (Link to Casato Prime Donne)
- Visit Nora on her Cashmere goat farm known for its beautiful cashmere products and world renown for its commitment to sustainability. (link to Chianti Cashmere)
- Learn about and taste pecorino cheese made in the centuries old traditional way on our farm visit in Val D'Orcia
- Take a cooking class in Cortona with Paola, a female restaurateur, who runs the family business in the center of this historic town.
- Go on a truffle hunt with Francesca who is a member of a small group of European women truffle hunters.
Artisanal Italy LLC designs trips that immerse the traveler in the Italian culture and are infused with a deep respect for the Italian people and their traditions. We take pride in our support of the local artisan community and their businesses. Our trips encourage participation in and learning about the food, art, culture and crafts of Italy.