ExperiencePlus! Announces Five New Cycling Tours in 2015
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – Veteran bicycle tour operator ExperiencePlus! is pleased to introduce five new tours for 2015. This award-winning outfitter is expanding their classic style tours to highlight Brittany and Normandy in France, and Portugal’s Alentejo region. The hardy cyclist will be challenged by the ExpeditonPlus! tour which spans the historic route from Venice, Italy to Kalamata, Greece. And for those not interested in continental style tours, there is the novice-friendly Sightseer Tour series which launches two itineraries geared towards travelers new to cycle touring, or simply those who are interested in traveling at a more leisurely pace.
France: Cycling Brittany and Normandy Plus! Bayeux and the D-Day Beaches is perfect for anyone who wants to:
· Touch history at Normandy's beaches
· Imbibe local calvados, and other apple cider specialties
· Traverse a causeway to the world's most famous tidal island fortress
Depart from the French walled-city of St. Malo for an in-depth exploration of the significance of Brittany and Normandy which share a prolific history, culture, and cuisine. Pedal along Brittany’s rocky coastline and breathtaking sandy beaches before heading south through patchwork farms and forests on this 301- rated route. Follow the signature chalk-arrow navigation system to the charming medieval city of Dinan and the imposing island Abbey of Mont Saint Michel. D-Day landing sites and the compelling Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial mark the end of the journey in Bayeux, home to the famed medieval tapestry commemorating the Norman Conquest of England in 1066. June and August departures are available at $4750 per person.
Portugal: Bicycling the Alentejo Plus! Costa Vincentina tour explores Portugal’s south-central lands and west coast. As the western outpost of continental Europe, this region harmonizes centuries of ancient influences, delicately framed by stunning beaches and endless blue skies.
· The journey begins in the fortified town of Elvas, famed for its impressive Roman Aqueduct, and wends its way alongside the Alqueva reservoir, one of the world’s best star-gazing locations.
· Impromptu stops lead to São Pedro do Corval, a well-known pottery town, and Vila Vicosa, recognized for its stunning rose-colored marble
· Adventurous days of cycling culminate over festive gastronomic experiences with olive oil and wine tastings complimented by regional indulgences such as the hearty peasant dish, Alentejo acorda (bread, garlic and egg soup).
· After reaching Cabo San Vicente, Europe’s most southwestern point, celebrate the culmination of the journey with a lively group dinner and restful night at the luxurious Pousada de Sagres hotel strategically perched on a promontory with a stunning view of the fortress and beach below
April and October departures are available at $4650 per person.
The 2015 ExperiencePlus! Venice to Kalamata, Greece tour is the newest addition to the ever-popular ExpeditionPlus! series.
· This 4-week, challenging 501-level continental-style ride, highlights some of the most isolated and ancient regions of Europe
· Beginning in Venice, Italy’s beloved city of canals and bridges, this historically significant route traces the great arc of the Adriatic Sea to the Dalmatian Coast of Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro
· Continuing into Albania, this epic ride traverses a corner of Macedonia and remote regions of Greece before ending in Kalamata, a former Byzantine outpost and modern-day port city on the Peloponnese peninsula
Unlike other tours, ExpeditionPlus! rides are all about covering expansive territory while pedaling far off the beaten track. Expeditions are for folks who want to be among the first, the few, and the special! Because of the popularity and challenging nature of ExpeditionPlus! adventures, it is necessary to submit a quick application for this expedition. Click here to fill out the ExpeditionPlus! application today. Tour dates are September 8 - October 6, 2015.
Introducing Sightseer Tours: Bike Paths of Italy’s Lake Garda, and France’s Châteaux of the Loire Valley. ExperiencePlus! believes that cyclists of all ages, abilities and experience levels should have the opportunity to explore the world by bike. In 2015 they are excited to roll out this new style of trip designed specifically for people who are curious about cycle touring, for families, or for those seeking a cycling adventure at a more leisurely pace.
In addition to all of the cornerstones of the beloved ExperiencePlus! classic tours, the Sightseer Tours also feature:
· Daily rides of 30-50 km (18-30 mi) over gentle terrain
· Use of relaxing and mostly car-free routes along bike paths and country lanes
· Activities other than cycling (boat trips, city-walking tours, culinary adventures)
· Relaxing multi-night hotel stays
· Kid-friendly activities, lodging, meal options, and equipment (small bikes and trailers)
· E-bikes available for a modest fee
A choice of summer departures are available starting at $3650 per person.
The great news is that all of these tours are currently on sale! Submit a $500 per person deposit before November 15, 2014 and save $200!
Bicycle tour specialist ExperiencePlus!, a leader in international tourism, has been family-owned since 1972. The first U.S. based tour operator to offer bicycle tours in Italy, ExperiencePlus! has expanded to include tours in 22 countries, blending true cycling expertise with innovative routes and off-the-beaten-path immersion. For more information, tour departures and itineraries please visit www.ExperiencePlus.com or www.BikeRentalsPlus.com. Media contact: Caroline Ogden, email@example.com, 970-568-7423, www.experienceplus.com, Click Here for Media Kit.